Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Seems it was inevitable

I had a feeling I would walk out of the Kindy AGM with a job for next year. 

At least I'm not on the executive committee. 

Just Social Rep for SP's room. Surely I can do that. 


It's interesting to reflect on the 'meeting skills' that church membership provides. Although I have very little to base this on, I would guess that a good number of people in that room had never been to an AGM before, and the idea of moving or seconding a motion was obviously foreign or scary. I was the only person not on last year's committee that was willing to do it. Thank you Pressie church for exposing me to many such situations. 


Now, what does a Social Rep do? Ideas, please :)

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what a social rep does, but I so know what you mean. I have gone to school based meetings and haven't volunteered to chair meetings, thinking someone will be able to do a far better job than me...and then gone home wishing I had chaired it after all. We do collect all sorts of interesting skills along the way.

    And have just noticed a new addition on your sidebar. Warm congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to know what you think of this post.

Here's how to add your comment:
- Enter your comment in the box below.
- Click on the triangle next to the 'Comment as:' box to tell us who you are. You can sign in if you have a google or other account, enter your name and URL if you have a website, or just click 'Anonymous'.
- Click 'Publish'.